Photobucket

Tuesday 23 August 2011

A review from back in1981!

So I took a trip down to 1981 to do some shopping. No, I was kidding, but I did went to Heritage1981's blogshop and just like its name suggest, yes, the clothes are classic and chic.


Needless to say, the clothes here are stylishly presented and are categorized accordingly to their nature for easy site navigation. I especially love the 'Dresses' category simply because although all the models in the website are Caucasians, I can totally imagine any Singaporeans wearing the dresses. Its simple and has been further enhanced with accesories such as belts, bracelets, bags and shoes.

The different designs and colours of all the products are also beautifully photographed and posted. Additionally, the models can be seen wearing all the colours of a certain clothing design so buyers would not have a hard time choosing the clothings in the colours they prefer. The prices of each items were also shown clearly , although technically Singaporean shoppers will have to convert the prices into Sing Dollars since the blog originates from the USA. What I especially love about this blogshop is that there is a 'Store Location' which actually helps locates the nearest retail shop throughout  the world for the convenience of the user. How cool is that?!


Why Used Heritage1981 in C&T lessons?

I might use Heritage1981 in my Clothing and Textiles lessons as there are various designs, fabrics and fashion styles being potrayed by the blogshop models. With this site, I can show my students:
  • designs such as vertical and horizontal lines on clothings and its effect on our bodies
  •  the difference between woven and knitted textiles in clothings
  • how colours of the clothes can affect the overall appearance and aura of an individual
  • how different clothing styles such as the layering effects may have an impact on the appearance of different types of bodies 
In summary, with the help of this site, the clothings, models and information on textiles found here can help deepens their understanding and provide a direct potrayal of the information that I want to pass on my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment