Photobucket

Friday 21 October 2011

Micro-teaching Completed!!!!

The day we've been waiting for!

Photobucket

Dishes made during micro-teaching on the 19th October were:
Roti Jala with daal - Me (Shi Ping)
Vegetarian pilaf rice - Prabhleen
Egg and potato samosa - Amirah
Ang Ku Kueh - Iva

Before this micro-teaching, I had never heard of roti jala and really had no confident at all. Roti jala looks like a very easy dish to be made with simple ingredients but the technique really requires practice. I've failed many times at home during practice and was on the verge of changing a dish. Even during micro-teaching practice in school which was just a few days before the real thing, the roti jala was still not up to standard but thank God everything went well on the day of micro-teaching. :)

On the day of micro-teaching, many students failed the roti jala as well but I'm sure with more practice in their own time, they will be able to master the technique like me and pass on the skills to their future students! Practice makes perfect!

Although the dish was a success, there are still areas for improvement. Comments were I was too soft so next time I have to SCREAM. And I should had given an exact quantity of water in the recipe instead of adding water to feel for the right consistency since everyone's sense of judgement is different and that could be a reason why so many students did not succeed in the making of roti jala.

As for my daal, it is another simple dish to make but I think it is difficult to get the right consistency and taste of a daal. I've never tasted daal in my life but according to an Indian classmate, the daal that I taught them tasted differently from what she knows. Perhaps I should try tasting daal someday and figure out how. Even though the daal consistency is still not quite up to standard, I personally like the taste of it. Thanks Prabhleen for the spices and recipe. :)

Overall, I think our group did great as mentioned by our classmates in terms of flow-ability and outcome of dishes. I've asked classmates and most of them like Amirah's samosa the best! Me too! :D
Thanks to all members for the encouragement and support. Good job Group 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment